INTRODUCTION TO OUR LADY'S ONE-DAY BRITISH SOCIAL ETIQUETTE COURSE
Our One-Day British Social Etiquette Course is designed to prepare ladies for their upcoming social events, ensuring they are confident in areas such as dining confidently in formal and informal situations, understanding British dress codes, what to expect when attending certain types of events, how to make an impressive entrance, and the art of making conversation with everyone they meet.
They will leave the course equipped with essential confidence skills, enabling them to feel elegant, poised, and refined at all their social engagements.
This intensive British social etiquette course is designed for women who wish to gain confidence in their social lives. Emma teaches the necessary skills enabling ladies to fully achieve their potential with maximum impact, from handling challenging people to feeling confident and self-assured at large social gatherings.
It will teach you how to build strong relationships with British people by acquiring knowledge of etiquette, customs, and nuances of British conversation, communication, and behaviour, and it promises to equip women with social confidence to help them make the most of the opportunities that come their way.
Where is the course held?
The course is held at The Emma Dupont School of Etiquette in Albermarle Street in the heart of Mayfair and situated on one of London's most famous and beautiful roads, just moments away from The Ritz Hotel.British Social Etiquette
There is excellent access to transport links; it is conveniently located within a two-minute walk from Green Park underground station, which offers the Jubilee, Piccadilly, and Victoria Lines. The course begins at 10.30 AM and finishes circa. 5.00 PM.
What can you expect to achieve?
This One-Day British Social Etiquette Course in London will help you feel at ease when meeting new people, communicate effectively, guide you to the appropriate choice of clothes for your social events, and equip you with confidence and elegance to accept invitations to dinners and events.
With Emma's experience of cross-cultural diversities, you can also feel assured that she will answer any questions with empathy and knowledge and help you navigate the often tricky and sensitive issues that arise through cultural misunderstandings.British Social Etiquette
Who is this course for?
- British ladies, from the age of 18, who want to gain confidence by developing their interpersonal skills to make the most of opportunities that come their way.
- Ladies of any nationality, from the age of 18, who would like to feel more confident, poised, and refined in social situations by gaining knowledge of British etiquette.
- International ladies, from the age of 18, who live in other countries wishing to communicate and build relationships with British people.
OUR UNIQUE MEMBERSHIP
Ladies who complete our British Social Etiquette Course in London with Emma will also be granted access to our comprehensive online training course and the features this membership platform offers. These additional benefits are unique to The Emma Dupont School of Etiquette and are as follows:
- Lifetime access to the equivalent online training course (4 hours of video tutorials). You can refer back to these anytime in the future, and you will have access to our app to check vital information when you are on the go.
- An audio file for each video module. You can refresh your memory while you are going about your day-to-day tasks.
- Ongoing Monthly Online Q&A Sessions. You may have additional questions as you begin to practice your new British social and business etiquette skills. Unlike other etiquette courses, Emma offers ongoing support to clients through these monthly online sessions.
- Immediate access to all our previous Q&A Sessions. Emma has hosted over sixteen hours of Q&A sessions over the past three years. You will receive access to these recordings to learn from other ladies' questions and Emma's answers, enabling you to take your knowledge of all aspects of British etiquette to a deeper level.
- Comprehensive Notes. Quick reference guides for you to check essential information.
- Exclusive access to Emma's monthly 'Under the Rose' videos. Once a month, Emma pulls back the curtain on her own personal and business life and shares how she is navigating challenges in line with her values and the rules of etiquette.
YOUR LEARNING PATHWAY
JOIN OUR LADY'S BRITISH SOCIAL ETIQUETTE COURSE IN LONDON
Private 1:1 Tuition with Emma Dupont in Mayfair, London.
This course can be arranged for a mutually convenient date
British Social Etiquette
ENJOY YOUR COURSE BENEFITS
Lifetime access to our online video courses through our training platform
Watch replays of our previous Online Monthly Q&A Sessions
Access your course material on the app when you are on the go
Learn from Emma's monthly 'Under the Rose' videos
DEEPEN YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Join our ongoing Monthly Online Q&A Sessions to have any new questions answered
Join one of our Alumni Society events in London, where you can meet Emma and like-minded ladies while practicing your skills (extra cost)
Register for further courses if you wish to deepen your knowledge (extra cost)
ONE-DAY COURSE SCHEDULE
Welcome refreshments from 10.15 AM, with the course commencing at 10.30 AM. There will be a fifteen-minute break in the morning, and refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
POISED INTRODUCTIONS & SOCIAL GRACES
- Creating a good first impression
- Introducing yourself correctly
- Shaking hands & alternative greetings
- Social kissing
- Remembering peoples' names
- Making small talk
- How to walk up to strangers
- How to include others
- Working the room
- How to excuse yourself politely but firmly
- Different types of service in the UK
- Chinaware, glassware, and flatware
- Linens & table decorations
- The British place setting
- Seating plans for formal and informal dining
- Holding flatware and glassware correctly
- Napkin placement
- How to eat tricky foods
- How to handle mistakes and accidents
- Paying the bill rules
- Rules of tipping
- Different types of invitations
- Guest lists
- Menu planning & wine pairing
- Table settings & seating plans
- The hosts' & guests' responsibilities
- How to ask your guests to leave
- Hostess gifts
At 1 PM, Emma will escort you to a quintessentially British restaurant in Mayfair, London, where you will enjoy a one-course luncheon* to practice your dining etiquette skills (included in the course price). You will then return to the school to complete the afternoon modules, with the course ending at circa. 5.00 PM.
*Price includes one-course luncheon and soft drinks.
- Why deportment & body language is so important
- Standing with poise
- Sitting elegantly & professionally
- Correct lift etiquette
- Ascending & descending stairs
- Getting in/out of a car elegantly
STYLISH DRESS CODES
- Subliminal messages through attire
- Body language signals
- Smart Casual
- Come as you are
- Lounge suits (Business)
- Lounge suits (Cocktail)
- Black Tie
- White Tie
- A lady's ideal stationery collection
- Writing formal and informal invitations
- The importance of RSVP
- Wedding invitations
- Personal and business letters
- Social media/Mobile phone manners
Lottie, October 2019
"Emma helped me create a more refined and polished version of 'me'—a truly life-changing experience full of knowledge for both my business and personal life.
For me, Emma is both an etiquette coach and a life coach. I highly recommend it."
PREVIOUS CLIENTS WHO HAVE COMPLETED OUR BRITISH SOCIAL ETIQUETTE COURSE:
Samia, October 2019
"Recently, I took Emma Dupont's Course, and it was impressive. Not only is she sophisticated and knowledgeable, but also classy and witty. We learned so many valuable details that only professionals like her can give. I will take more of her courses in the future."
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE COURSE?
In addition to the benefits detailed above, you will also be invited to join The Alumni Society Etiquette Events in London, UK.
While attending an etiquette class is an excellent first step towards creating new opportunities for business and social situations, many skills learnt can be lost over time without practice and reinforcement. The Alumni Society provides an opportunity to continue practicing and developing these skills with other like-minded ladies in a safe and friendly environment led by Emma.LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR ALUMNI SOCIETY IN-PERSON EVENTS
Kelly, July 2019
"It was such a wonderful experience for me; Emma Dupont always warmly melts your heart.
I have never been taught that life should be more detailed; everyone deserves respect and care. Every little thing can have a big change, whether in your career or family, to become a better me is what I was looking for.
I honestly recommend the course to everyone who wants to be a ‘better me’, and I truly think everyone should be taught this way."
Ileana, November 2023
"The best course! It sets the appropriate and correct fundamentals for any future improvement you want to bring in your life. It is highly recommended.
It was a revelation for me and has brought a wider understanding of British culture.
Thank you, dearest Emma."